Call us :
Follow this property
Schedule a Tour
Return to Content
Frequently Asked Questions at Briarwood Apartments
1. What will you do to prepare my apartment before I move in?
Painting, cleaning, carpet cleaning or replacement
2. Do you have on-site maintenance?
3. An item in my unit needs repair. How do I get help?
Call the office or submit a service request online.
4. How are maintenance issues handled?
Maintenance issues are handled in the order in which they are received with any emergency maintenance needs taking precedence.
5. Do I have to be present for a service technician to perform work?
6. What happens if I am locked out?
Call emergency maintenance
7. Am I allowed to decorate the apartment without penalty?
As long as the apartment is restored to the same condition at move-in
1. What amenities does the property offer?
Cable, internet, basic cable and Dish Network
2. Is parking available?
3. Is your community pet friendly?
4. What are the fees associated with having pets?
$150.00 Pet Fee at move in and $20 per month Pet Rent
5. Are there weight or breed restrictions on pets?
6. Is there a pet park?
7. What appliances are standard?
Refrigerator, stove, garbage disposal
8. Do you offer furnished apartments?
9. Do you offer Short Term leases?
6-month leases are our shortest leases
10. Do you offer Corporate leases?
11. If I have a package delivered, will you hold it at the leasing office?
Due to COVID-19 we will no longer be able to accept packages in our office.
12. Are there building quiet hours or fees for using communal spaces?
There are no quiet hours.
1. Does it cost anything to take a tour?
2. Do I have to make an appointment or do you accept walk-ins?
We accept walk-ins and appointments.
3. How do I apply for an apartment?
Apply online at briarwood-apartmenthomes.com
4. How long does it take for an application to be approved?
We are usually able to get results back within a day, however, sometimes the process can take longer depending on the situation.
5. How much will I pay in up-front costs when I sign the lease?
Security deposit, pro-rated rent and administrative fee
6. Is there any specific advice you can give to a first-time renter?
Always pay rent on time to avoid late fees and always make the complex aware of any issues in the apartment immediately.
7. What are my options for paying my rent?
Pay online, WIPS (Walk-In Payment System), or mail a check.
8. How do I pay my rent online?
You can pay via our website or the Rentcafe app.
9. Are there any monthly fees?
$2.95 for debit card, 3% of payment for credit cards, and free with direct debit checking account.
10. Am I required to purchase renter's insurance?
11. Which utilities are included in my rent?
Water, sewer, and trash removal
12. How do I set up my utilities?
Call or go online.
13. Which provider can I use for Internet and cable?
Bloom Broadband and Dish Network
14. Does this community offer a bonus if I was referred by one of my friends?
15. What are the policies about guests?
Guests must follow the same rules as residents.
16. Can I get a price reduction if I sign a longer lease or pay for rent a year in advance?
17. If I transfer from one apartment community to another, will my security deposit transfer to the new community or do I need to pay another security deposit to the new community?
You need to pay a new security deposit.
18. Will I be allowed to sublet my apartment?
19. What fees will I need to pay if I have to break my lease?
We have a Cancellation Premium that you can pay at the time you give your move-out notice. The cost of the Cancellation Premium will vary from unit to unit.
1. Is there public transportation within close proximity of the buildings?
2. What is your community nearby?
Beaches, shopping, restaurants, and parks
3. Which school district are you in?
4. How far away is the nearest dog park?
5. Are there bike trails nearby?
6. Where do residents shop?
Meijer, Walmart, Kohl's
7. What's the name of the nearest coffee shop and how far is it from the property?
Biggby Coffee is 1.4 miles away
1. How do I get to your community?
I-94 Exit 29, M-139, Nickerson, Union
2. What's the nearest cross street?
Napier Avenue and Nickerson Avenue
for More Information
1903 Union Avenue
For full functionality of this site it is necessary to